sgoce-blog-logo

Applied Communication, Social Media Webinar FAQs

Posted by Kimberly McCoy-Blauser on May 9, 2019 at 4:21 PM

If you missed the Applied Communication, Social Media Concentration webinar, here's the video recording and a list of all the questions asked during the webinar. If you still have questions, just click on the "Speak to an advisor" button at the end of this post and get all of your questions answered.

What is the application deadline?
While Fitchburg State offers rolling admission, students should aim to complete their
application about six weeks prior to the desired start date to allow time for processing. Students who attended the webinar should submit an application online to receive the $50 application fee waiver.

How do I apply for financial aid?
To apply for financial aid submit the FAFSA application. Our school code is 002184. You
must be admitted into a degree program to be awarded financial aid. Certificate and
CAGS programs aren’t eligible for federal aid funding.

I’m a Fitchburg State alum, do I need to submit my transcripts?
Fitchburg State alum do not need to submit a transcript as we can request that information for you. When you complete the application be sure to list Fitchburg State in the academic history tab.

What is the average course load of a M.S. in Applied Communication student and how long does it take to complete the program?
Students will take one course at a time in terms A and B each semester - summer, fall, and spring. Students may complete this program in 24 months.

Do these courses need to be taken in any particular order?
If you are wishing to complete the degree in 24 months you must follow the schedule as indicated in the two year rotation of courses. If you are not committed to completing the degree in 24 months, you may take courses out of order, however, it may take longer to finish the program.

May I work while enrolled in this program?
Yes, graduate programs at Fitchburg State are designed to be flexible so that students may work and study at the same time.

How does online learning work?
Many online courses are asynchronous, meaning that you don’t have to log in at a certain day or time as long as you’re meeting the daily and weekly goals set by your instructor. Students should expect a commitment of at least nine hours of instruction and assignments per week, per course. Log in at any time to try an online demo course.

Do I need to take the GRE or MAT?
No, the GRE or MAT is not required for an application to the M.S. in Applied Communication program.

Who should I ask to write my letters of recommendation?
Students applying to the M.S. in Applied Communication program should submit two professional references from someone who works in the field and one academic
reference. Check out our blog for the 5 people you should ask for recommendations.

How will I know if my application is complete?
Once you've submitted an application online, you may check the status through the application portal. We recommend you check the status once or twice a week as documents take one to three business days to process once received.

How may I finance my graduate education?
Fitchburg State has several financing options including scholarships and graduate assistantships. Visit our Graduate and Continuing Education Tuition and Fees page for more information on tuition and fees.

I’m a veteran, who may I contact with questions about benefits and payments?
Visit our website for a list of helpful resources, including contact information for the Veteran’s Certifying Official.

How many credits may I take before applying?
Graduate students may complete 12 graduate credits within one year while preparing an application for admission.

What is your price per credit?
Graduate credits are currently priced at $377 per credit, which covers tuition and fees and includes the online program fee, books are a separate cost. This price is the same in or out of state.

I’ve submitted an application and paid the $50 fee, can this be refunded since I registered for the live webinar?
No, unfortunately application fees are non-refundable. Once applied to an account the fee can’t be returned or refunded.

Where may I locate information about this program on your website?
You can find the program page here.