sgoce-blog-logo

The Avengers may defy the laws of physics, biology, and chemistry, but we mere mortals must obey

Posted by Andy Cunningham on May 10, 2018 at 11:36 AM

In fact, if you’re a college student, you may be in need of a lab science course to satisfy the laws of your degree program.  Fitchburg State has just what you need this summer, and for the on-campus courses, you’ll get to spend time in our new state-of-the-art Antonucci Science Complex facility, with our outstanding science faculty as your guides.

20150506ecFSU_ARCHITECTURE_020Lab science courses can be really challenging, and taking them along with a full plate of other courses can make it hard to get it all done and master that knowledge with everything else demanding your attention.

However, taking a difficult course by itself can provide the time you need to focus on the subject matter and successfully master the material. If you’re in our neighborhood this summer, check out the available lab and science courses we have on the menu:

Register today

• Anatomy & Physiology I & II – the structure and function of cells, tissues, organs, systems. Take some things apart and learn how they work.
  • Nutrition (Online) – you are what you eat. Put something good in your body and your mind this summer.
  • General Biology I & II – principles of molecules, cells, and genetics. Talk about inheriting a fortune; you are what your PARENTS ate.
  • General Chemistry I & II – atomic structure, gas laws, bonding, and the good old periodic table. Pull up a chair and learn how EVERYTHING is built.
  • Organic Chemistry I & II – Wow! This course is pretty heavy, probably for science majors, pre-med students, and has the General Chemistry sequence as a prerequisite. Better you than me.
  • General Physics I & II – So, about the Avengers. They may not obey Newton’s laws of motion or universal gravitation, but who cares? They’ll be here when we need them…I hope. Learn how things work in this combo course.

Summer I classes begin May 29 – register by May 17 to waive the $50 registration fee.
Summer II classes begin July 9 – register by June 28 to waive the $50 registration fee.