Fitchburg State University accepts graduate applications on a rolling basis; meaning, as your application becomes complete, it is forwarded for a review. The turnaround time for a decision is approximately 3 weeks from the time the application becomes complete. The sooner your application becomes complete, the sooner you will have your decision.
Benefits of rolling admissions:
- Rolling admissions allows you to receive an admission decision sooner.
- Students that submit their application early are more apt to complete their application in a timely fashion
- You’ll have less stress as you can send in your credentials as they become available
- You can still register and take classes while in the admissions process – up to 12 credits!
Disadvantages to delaying your application:
- You’ll feel more pressure and stress the longer you wait to apply
- Courses taken previously are only valid for up to 12 months prior to being admitted
- "You may delay, but time will not." ~Benjamin Franklin
We are still accepting graduate applications for the summer, so feel free to apply now and start your admissions rolling!
Check out these other related posts:
- 5 People You Should Ask For Graduate School Recommendations
- 5 Steps to Overcome Graduate Application Anxiety
Written by guest blogger Shelby Cota, Graduate and Undergraduate Evening Admissions Counselor
Contact Shelby with your admissions questions.